Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Chicken
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup white vinegar
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 to 1½ inch pieces
- ⅓ cup water
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- ¾ cup diced pineapple chunks (use fresh or canned chunks)
- ¼ medium onion cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ green pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- cooked rice
- Add the ½ cup water, brown sugar, sugar, vinegar, lemon juice, soy sauce, tomato paste, garlic powder, and ginger to the slow cooker and whisk until combined.
- Add the chicken pieces and stir to coat. Cook on low for 5 hours.
- In a small bowl combine the ⅓ cup water with the cornstarch. Add to the slow cooker and carefully stir to combine. The chicken will be tender so you want to keep the pieces to stay in pieces.
- Add the pineapple, onion, and bell pepper and carefully fold into the mixture. Cover and cook on low for another 45 minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice. Makes 4-5 servings.