SEAFOOD GRAND SLAM
Modified recipe from Florida Sport Fishing Magazine (Mar-Apr2012)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 large onion chopped
2 cloves garlic chopped
4 tsp dried oregeno
1 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
28 oz can crushed tomatoes(with puree)
1 bay leaf
1 bottle clam juice + juice from clam meat
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
1 cup white wine
13 oz chopped clam meat(drained) use juice above
1 lb large shrimp(uncooked,peeled,deveined)
1 lb bay scallops
1 lb crab meat(drained)
1/2 cup fresh basil or 1/4 cup dried basil
Salt & pepper to taste
Cayenne pepper to taste
1. Preheat large saucepot over medium heat
2. Add olive oil, onion, garlic, oregeno, fennel seeds and saute til onions are tender. 5-7 minutes
3.Add tomotoes, bay leaf, clam juice, chicken broth, and white wine.
4. Increase heat to boil until slightly thickened...about 15 minutes
5. In seperate pan, Saute bay scallops and shrimp until shrimp are opaque.
6. Add clam meat and crab meat.Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes
7. Add shrimp, scallops and basil. Heat for about 5-7 minutes
8. Season to taste with salt,pepper and cayenne pepper.
Serve over rice with crusty garlic bread.