Pages

Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 11, 2011

Chicken Paprikash

This is a recipe that an old high school friend sent me. I have not tried it just yet.



Chicken Paprikash

3 tablespoon butter (I use Smart Balance spread)
1-1/3 cup chopped onions
3 lbs chicken (taste really good to use the skinned chicken but I use boneless breast instead)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1-2 cups chicken broth (I use at least on box, we like to have extra sauce over the noodles)
1 tablespoon corn starch (thicken as you like it, I prefer a little thicker so I use more)
8 oz sour cream (can use light or no fat)
2-3 tablespoons Paprika(Hungarian or smoked, not spicy) (if I use more broth, I use more paprika)

Saute onion and chicken in butter until golden, blend in paprika, add chicken broth to simmer for about 35-45 minutes (less for boneless chicken about 20-30 mins). Take chicken out and put aside while thickening your sauce. Thicken by adding the corn starch to the sour cream and mix it up. Because the sour cream will lump up when you add it to the hot liquid, take a few scoops of the simmered sauce to the sour cream and stir in good, then add this mixture to the pan using a whisk. Put chicken back in after it thickens and then let it heat a little bit more (just enough to make it hot, the sour cream cools it down some).
Serve it over extra wide egg noodles or make dumplings

No comments:

Post a Comment